Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Bee & the Analogy


Working on my whole ‘multi-sensory’ approach strategy today, I was sitting in my office with the door open.

A bee flew in & buzzed annoyingly (& noisily) around the light.  I put up with it for a while, thinking it would lose interest in bashing itself against the light, but it didn’t, so I tried ‘encouraging’ it out with a white board, ...still no joy.. I could see that it was trying to get to the light, so...I turned it off...and the bee fell to the floor, then flew out – good as gold!

This reminded me so much of the children that I teach.  They keep trying to get to the light, bashing their little brains up, when all they really need is for someone to try a different approach....let’s turn the light off, given them some breathing space & try again!

Then the bee came back & stung me! (only joking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment